The KU School of Music offers a complimentary Career Services Center to assist music students with career preparation.
The Career Services Center is available to help students:
- Create a distinctive resume, portfolio, or CV
- Prepare for interviews
- Network with employers and alumni
- Find a job or internship that is right for you
To access information about our Career Services Center or to set up an appointment, please contact Dina P. Evans, Career Services Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Career Services Resources
The School of Music Career Services Center, in collaboration with KU Career Services, is pleased to announce that KU Career Connections », an on-line job/internship database using Symplicity software, is now available to all School of Music students at no charge. To gain access to the database, School of Music students are asked to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions. Graduating students should be aware that their access will continue 6 months past their graduation date.
KU Career Connections will be the central location for all job and internship opportunities for School of Music students. We encourage our alumni to share any information they have about entry-level positions or potential internships with us. Please contact Dina P. Evans, Coordinator of SoM Career Services, for more information on employing a KU School of Music student. She can be reached at email@example.com or 785-864-4466
Music Careers -- General
- Welcome to Bridge: Worldwide Music Connection »
- Myauditions.com »
- Polyphonic.org » is a comprehensive website for professional orchestral musicians, developed by the Eastman School of Music's Institute for Music Leadership. The website is the first project of the Orchestra Musician Forum, created in 2005 by the School thanks to the generous gift of philanthropist and Symphony Orchestra Institute founder Paul R. Judy. Key features of the site include:
- Articles by industry leaders on issues related to professional orchestral musicians
- Engaging interviews with orchestral musicians and other music professionals
- Daily orchestra news feeds and blogs
- Orchestra Spotlights, profiling North America¹s orchestras
- Virtual public discussions on key issues
- Much, much more!
While targeted to the professional orchestral musician, it will also be a valuable tool to music students who are considering an orchestral career.