Choral Placement Registration
All new students must complete the online KU Choral Placement Registration ». Once you've completed the KU Choral Placement Registration, please follow the link and instructions below to schedule an audition time.
All returning students must update/edit their previous KU Choral Placement Registration by updating information such as class, availability, etc. Once you've updated/edited your KU Choral Placement Registration, please follow the link and instructions below to schedule an audition time. Failure to update/edit your existing registration may result in a delayed audition time!
Placement Schedule and Sign-Ups
- Friday, August 22, 2014 (9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.) - Murphy Hall, Rm. 330
- Saturday, August 23, 2014 (9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.) - Murphy Hall, Rm. 330
- Monday, August 25, 2014 (9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.) - Murphy Hall, Rm. 330
- Tuesday, August 26, 2014 (9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.) - Murphy Hall, Rm. 330
- Login with a Gmail account (You must create one if you don't already have one).
- Navigate on the calendar to August 22-26 and click on one of the available 'Placement' slots to schedule a time.
- Click Save.
- Your time is now scheduled.
- To cancel an appointment slot you've already booked, leave the sign-up page and delete the event from your own personal google calendar.
**Please be sure that you are ONLY signing up for one of the days and times advertised above! If you notice that the available times on your calendar are NOT 9am-3:30pm, you MUST set your Google calendar account to Central Time. If your calendar times do NOT list available times between 9am-3:30pm, please follow these instructions:
1. After you've created a Google/Gmail account, open Google Calendar - https://www.google.com/calendar
2. Click the gear in the top right
3. Select "Settings"
4. In the "Country section," select "United States"
5. In the "Your current time zone section," select "(GMT-06:00) Central Time"
6. Click "Save" at the bottom
Assessments will be held in Murphy Hall, Room 330. Please show up 5 minutes prior to your scheduled time. This will allow for your picture to be taken and your registration to be finalized.
The assessment will last 5 minutes and will consist of:
-Singing one verse of "My Country, 'Tis of Thee" (pdf)
Please direct all questions and concerns to KU Choral Division firstname.lastname@example.org.
Placement results for all choirs will be posted online by midnight (12:00 a.m.) Wednesday, Aug. 27 (Tuesday night).