The University of Kansas School of Music is pleased to present an evening concert entitled, "A Celebration of African-American Music," on Thursday, February 18, 2010, at 7:30 p.m. in Swarthout Recital Hall. This event is free and open to the public.
This relatively new event, coordinated by KU DMA student Christopher McBride, is in its second year. The program includes performances by McBride, a voice/opera student; The United Believers Community Church Mass Choir; Genee Figuieras; Robert McNichols Jr.; the 9th Street Baptist Praise Dancers and the First Christian Church Worship Team. Closing words will be given by Pastor Delmar A. White.
The full program is below and is subject to change. For more information about this concert or any KU School of Music event, contact us at 785-864-3436, www.music.ku.edu
Celebration of African American Music - Program
Welcome - Dr. Genaro Mendez
· Po' Mo'ner Got a Home at Las' - Hall Johnson
· Deep River - Moses Hogan
· Behold That Star - H.T. Burleigh
United Believers Community Church Mass Choir
· Jesus is My Help - Hezekiah Walker
· Joy - Kirk Franklin
· Wade in The Water - H.T. Burleigh
· Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen - H.T. Burleigh
Robert McNichols Jr.
· City Called Heaven - Edward Boatner
· Ride on King Jesus - Hall Johnson
9th Street Baptist Praise Dancers
First Christian Church Worship Team
· Lead Me - Christopher McBride
· Last Days - Christopher McBride
Closing Words - Pastor Delmar A. White