Only students wishing to apply for the BME in Music Education or the BM Music Therapy oay study classical guitar as their applied instrument.
If you are interested in auditioning for a BA or BM in jazz studies, please reference the jazz guitar audition requirements.
- Scales: two and three octave major and minor diatonic scales
- Sight-reading: a single-line melody in upper positions
- One piece from the following OR a piece of comparable level:
- Milan Six Pavanes
- Bach Prelude in D minor
- Anonymous Six Lute Pieces of the Renaissance
- Ponce Preludes
- Tarrega Twelve Preludes Sanz Pavanas
- Carcassi Etudes
- Sor Twenty Studies
- Brouwer Simple Etudes.
Faculty Contact: Thomas Pender, email@example.com
Fall 2021 Audition Dates
Saturday, February 13, 2021 - Regular Audition Date (all instruments and voice)
Saturday, February 20, 2021 - Regular Audition Date (all instruments and voice)
If you cannot attend a live audition, email firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.