Only students wishing to apply for the BME in Music Education or the BM Music Therapy may study classical guitar as their applied instrument.
If you are interested in auditioning for a BA or BM in jazz studies, please reference the jazz guitar audition requirements.
- Scales: two and three octave major and minor diatonic scales
- Sight-reading: a single-line melody in upper positions
- One piece from the following OR a piece of comparable level:
- Milan Six Pavanes
- Bach Prelude in D minor
- Anonymous Six Lute Pieces of the Renaissance
- Ponce Preludes
- Tarrega Twelve Preludes Sanz Pavanas
- Carcassi Etudes
- Sor Twenty Studies
- Brouwer Simple Etudes.
Faculty Contact: Thomas Pender, email@example.com
(For entry into the Fall 2018 semester)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2018: Regular Audition Date - all instruments and voice.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2018: Regular Audition Date - all instruments and voice.
If you cannot attend a live audition date, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.