Jazz Piano Auditions
The KU School of Music currently offers a B.A. in jazz studies.
Limited spaces are available for the Jazz Studies program.
A limited number of scholarships are available.
Please contact Professor Dan Gailey to inquire about space in your particular instrument.
You must provide your own Jamey Aebersold play-along CD (Vol. 54 will work).
- Two contrasting jazz standards (such as "Autumn Leaves" in concert G minor as a medium swing, and "Blue Bossa" in concert C minor as a Latin tune).
- Play a chorus of melody in right hand with left hand comping,
- Followed by a chorus of two-hands comping
- Followed by a chorus of improvised solo.
- Selected major and minor scales.
Faculty Contact: Dan Gailey, firstname.lastname@example.org
(For entry into the Fall 2018 semester)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2018: Regular Audition Date - all instruments and voice.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2018: Regular Audition Date - all instruments and voice.
If you cannot attend a live audition date, contact email@example.com to make other arrangements.