The KU School of Music is pleased to present the 88th annual Holiday Vespers concerts and pre-Vespers organ and brass concerts.
88th annual Holiday Vespers
- Dec. 2, 2:30pm and 7:30pm, Lied Center of Kansas
- Tickets $12.50/general admission & $10/senior citizens and students.
- KU students FREE to 7:30pm performance (must show valid ID)!
Pre-Vespers Organ and Brass Concerts
- Dec. 2, 1:30pm and 6:30pm, Bales Organ Recital Hall
- Free Admission
- Featuring the KU Brass Quintet: Mason Tyler, trumpet; Stephen Preisner, trumpet; Breanna Ellison, French horn; Andy Newbegin, trombone; Jon Heaver, tuba; Stephen Dagrosa, Jr., baritone; and Dina Pannabecker Evans, organ.
The Pre-Vespers organ and brass concerts will feature works including “Hodie Christus Natus Est” by Giovanni Gabrieli; ”Hark! The Herald Angels Sing” arranged by Sterling Proctor; “Toccata on ‘Veni Emmanuel’” by Andrew Carter; “The Trumpet Shall Sound” from Messiah by G. F. Handel; and “Hallelujah” Chorus from Messiah by Handel.
This year’s 88th annual Holiday Vespers program will feature the KU Choirs and Symphony Orchestra performing holiday works including “Magnificat animae meam” from Magnificat by Bach; “Noel” from Symphonic Sketches by George Whitefield Chadwick; “Harambee (Call to Unity)” by Joseph Jennings; “What Sweeter Music” by John Rutter; “Never a Brighter Star” by Dan Forrest; “O Holy Night” by Adolphe Charles Adam, as well as audience sing-alongs and additional works. The orchestra will be conducted by David Neely, Director of Orchestral Activities, and student conductor Carlos Espinosa; and the Choirs by Paul Tucker, Director of Choral Activities, and Mariana Farah, Associate Director of Choral Activities.
Tickets are $12.50/general admission and $10/students and seniors and can be purchased by visiting or calling the Lied Center Box Office, 785-864-2787. KU students who show a valid ID are FREE to the 7:30pm performance.
"For more information, contact the KU School of Music for more information at 785-864-3436. MUSIC.KU.EDU.