Degrees in Organ & Church Music
Organ & Church Music Undergraduate Degree Options
- Bachelor of Arts - 120 total credit hours. BA Degree Requirements
- Bachelor of Music - 120-125 total credit hours. BM Degree Requirements
- Bachelor of Music Education - Music Education - 120-129 total credit hours. BME Degree Requirements
- Bachelor of Music Education - Music Therapy - 120-129 total credit hours. BME Degree Requirements
- Music Minor (non-music majors only) - 24 total credit hours, an extremely flexible program.
Students new to KU in Fall 2013 (and all semesters thereafter) must follow the degree requirement check sheets posted here, which include the KU Core. Students who were admitted to their current degree at KU prior to Fall 2013, please continue to follow the requirements in place when you began. In some instances, students who began prior to Fall 2013 can elect to change to the new degree requirements that include the KU Core. Please contact Rita Riley in the School of Music Student Services Office, Room 450 Murphy Hall, if you have any questions.
Organ & Church Music Graduate Degree Options
Organ & Church Music Course Offerings
Specialized work in the organ curricula includes courses in the history of organ literature and design, organ pedagogy, and seminars on repertory, performance, practice, the history of organ building, and related topics. Specialized work in the church music curricula includes courses in service playing, the history of liturgy, anthem literature, children's choirs, bell choirs, the church and the arts, theological aesthetics, the history of church music, and hymnology.