Applicants for all degree programs must demonstrate proficiency in at least two of the following three main areas of percussion performance for entrance into the Percussion Studio and in all three to be considered for scholarship.
Please contact Dr. Compitello with any questions about audition repertoire.
- A published concert-style solo or etude from Anthony Cirone's Portraits in Rhythm, Jacques Delecluse's Douze Etudes pour Caisse-Claire, or equivalent.
- A published rudimental-style solo or etude from Charles Wilcoxon's The All American Drummer, John Pratt's Fourteen Rudimental Contest Solos, or equivalent.
KEYBOARD PERCUSSION (Marimba, Vibraphone, Xylophone)
- Two Mallets: A published two-mallet solo or etude from Morris Goldenberg's Modern School for Xylophone, Marimba and Vibraphone, J.S. Bach Violin Sonatas and Partitas or Cello Suites, or equivalent.
- Four Mallets: A published four-mallet solo or etude.
- Scales in all major and minor keys
- A published solo or etude from Richard Hochrainer’s Etuden für Timpani (Vol. 1-3), Saul Goodman's Modern Method for Timpani, or equivalent.
- Tuning of various intervals.
Faculty Contact: Michael Compitello, email@example.com
Fall 2020 Audition Dates
Saturday, February 1, 2020 - Prairie Winds Festival participants only (winds, brass, percussion)
Saturday, February 8, 2020 - Regular Audition Date (all instruments and voice)
Saturday, February 15, 2020 - Regular Audition Date (all instruments and voice)
If you cannot attend a live audition, email firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.