These are the requirements for entry into all undergraduate degree programs.
- Scales: Two-octave major scales with arpeggios
- Bordogni (Rochut), Melodious Etude #3 or #7"
- Voxman, Selected Studies for Trombone: page 5 (Blazhevich, “Moderato”)
- One (1) work selected from or of comparable difficulty to the list below. Accompaniment is optional.
Tenor Trombone Suggested Repertoire:
- Barat Andante et Allegro
- Boda Sonatina
- Galliard Sonata No. 1
- Guilmant Morceau Symphonique
- Gregson Divertimento
- Sandstrom, Song for Lotta
- Saint-Saëns Cavatine
- Sulek Sonata vox Gabrieli
- Weber Romance
- David, Concertino (first page)
Bass Trombone Suggested Repertoire:
- Hindemith Drei leichte Stücke
- Lebedev Concerto in One Movement
- McCarty Sonata
- Lassen/Bollinger 2 Fantasy Pieces
- Galliard/Mortimer Sonata #1
- Semler-Collery, Barcarolle et chanson bachique
- Tcherepnin, Andante
- Warburton Among Us.
Faculty Contact: Michael Davidson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2021 Audition Dates
Saturday, February 6, 2021 - Prairie Winds Festival participants only (winds, brass, percussion)
Saturday, February 13, 2021 - Regular Audition Date (all instruments and voice)
Saturday, February 20, 2021 - Regular Audition Date (all instruments and voice)
If you cannot attend a live audition, email email@example.com to make other arrangements.