These are the audition requirements for entry into all undergraduate degree programs.
- Scales: Two-octave major scales
- Sight reading
- One piece from below or a piece of comparable level. Accompaniment is optional.
Trumpet Suggested Repertoire:
- Arutunian Concerto
- Balay Prelude et Ballade
- Handel Aria con Variazioni
- Haydn Concerto (movements 1 and 2)
- Kennan Sonata, (movement 1)
- Ropartz Andante and Allegro.
These particular pieces are not required but are given as a general idea of repertoire many choose to play. Accepted students come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences and the audition is to show not only current ability through the repertoire chosen but also potential for success in a major music program. Prospective students are encouraged to contact Professor Leisring by email with any questions about repertoire well before the audition.
Faculty Contact: Stephen Leisring, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2021 Audition Dates
Please note: due to Covid 19 concerns,
If you cannot attend a live audition, email email@example.com to make other arrangements.