Application for Music Therapy Undergraduate Professional Sequence Admission
The Music Therapy Professional Sequence is comprised of the following upper division courses in the Music Therapy curriculum:
- MEMT 338 Reh/Cond Clinic: Non Trad Ens
- MEMT 396 Clinical Practicum (6)
- MEMT 455 Psyc/Acoustic Mus
- MEMT 463 Influence of Mus on Bhvr
- MEMT 464 Music in Therapy MEMT 586 Sem MT Prof Dev I
- MEMT 587 Sem MT Prof Dev II
- MEMT 596 Clinical Internship
Students pursuing the music therapy Bachelor’s degree should apply for admission to the Professional Sequence upon completion of the second semester of their sophomore year with 50 or more KU hours. Transfer students with over 45 hours of transfer credit must complete this application the first semester of classes at KU. Students may not enroll in courses listed in the Professional Sequence prior to formal approval by the Director of Music Therapy.
Admission to the Music Therapy Professional Sequence is based upon the following minimum criteria:
- Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.00 or higher.
- Grade Point Average of 3.00 or higher in all MEMT Courses
- A grade of “C” or better in each of the following courses: MEMT 150, MEMT 196, MEMT, 250, MEMT 251, MEMT 296.
- At least 50 semester hours of college credit.
- A signed applied music recommendation form verifying successful completion of the first semester of Sophomore Level lessons.
- Successful completion of the Application form.
- Submit complete application to: Dr. Cynthia Colwell at email@example.com via email attachment.
Candidates are reviewed for admission periodically.