In the graduate organ curriculum, KU offers courses in:
- Organ literature and design (4 semester sequence)
- Organ building
- Organ pedagogy.
The graduate sequence in church music includes:
- Improvisation (1 semester of German Baroque, and 1 semester of French symphonic)
- Choral conducting (2 semester sequence)
- The history of church music (3 semester sequence)
- The history of liturgy
- The Judeo-Christian tradition and the arts
- Issues in religion and the arts.
- Children’s choirs
- Liturgical chant
Undergraduate students have a 4-year curriculum in organ and a separate four-year curriculum in church music.