STEP 1: PREPARE THE FOLLOWING FOR UPLOAD TO YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION
- Statement of Purpose
- Scanned copies of official transcripts from ALL post-secondary schools attended
- Email addresses of three (3) references for letters of recommendation
REQUIRED ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS
- Repertoire list - Performance applicants
- Scholarly writing sample - Organ, Musicology and Music Theory applicants
- GRE scores - Musicology and Music Theory applicants
- PDF files or links to three (3) original scores (and recordings if available) - Composition applicants
- English proficiency scores (TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE) for applicants for whom English is not the first language. For complete information, visit KU Graduate Studies >> application website. All international students must meet requirements for regular admission. We will not grant provisional admission.
- English proficiency scores (TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE) taken within the last two years for all piano applicants wishing to apply for a GTA.
For application requirement questions, contact the Graduate Services Coordinator, Michael Austin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2: APPLY
Submit an online application (either domestic or international), through KU Graduate Studies ». The School of Music accepts only online applications.
Application deadlines can be found on the left sidebar. Read more information on International student requirements and transcript requirements on the Graduate Studies website.
After you have submitted your application to KU, select "Audition" from the menu on the left, then select your instrument/degree program for specific instructions.