STEP 1: PREPARE THE FOLLOWING FOR UPLOAD TO YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION
- Statement of Purpose
- Scanned copies of official transcripts from ALL post-secondary schools attended
- Email addresses of three (3) references for letters of recommendation
REQUIRED ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS
- Repertoire list - Performance applicants
- Scholarly writing sample: Organ, Church Music, Musicology and Music Theory applicants
- PDF files or links to three (3) original scores (and recordings if available) - Composition applicants
- Dvd or weblink showing the applicant conducting in performance and rehearsal - Conducting applicants. Details can be found here.
- English proficiency scores (TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE) are required for applicants who are not native speakers of English. Detailed information regarding proficiency requirements may be found here. International students must meet all requirements for regular admission. We are unable to grant provisional admission.
- English proficiency scores (TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE) must have been taken within the last two years for all piano applicants wishing to apply for a GTA.
For application requirement questions, contact our Graduate Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2: APPLY
Submit an online application (either domestic or international), through KU Graduate Studies ». The School of Music accepts only online applications.
Application deadlines can be found on the left sidebar. Read more information on International student requirements and transcript requirements on the Graduate Studies website.
After you have submitted your application to KU, select "Audition" from the menu on the left, then select your instrument/degree program for specific instructions.